Drupal 8 is the latest, greatest release of the world's most widely used enterprise web CMS. It's fast, Flexible, and Reliable.
In this blog, I shall be listing few of the reasons why you should consider using Drupal 8 for your web project. Lets dive in.
1. It’s a tried, tested, and proven system used by large international companies and organisations. Some examples of Drupal users include:
2. Drupal 8 is Open Source. It’s completely free. What is also free are thousands of modules available at www.drupal.org. You don’t have to cover any licensing costs like you would have to do with commercial software.
3. As a project, Drupal is developed by a community spanning the entire world. Over 100,000 users actively develop Drupal core and its modules. 100,000 developers are definitely more than 10 or even 100 coders working on a given commercial solution.
4. From the technological point of view, Drupal 8 was developed in PHP (it uses PHP 7, which is super fast), it also uses Symfony Framework components which is believed to be the best solution for developing complex applications in the PHP ecosystem and Twig template engine, which streamlines front-end works and improves security.
5. Drupal Security Team is a special group of people who take care of the security of both Drupal and its modules. The team constantly checks Drupal in order to find any and all bugs. In the case of a security hole, the team quickly publishes bugfixes and updates. Notifications announcing new updates are visible in the website’s administration panel, they can also be received via e-mail.
6. New versions of Drupal 8 are released every six months. Drupal 8.0 was released at the end of 2015. At the moment, we are in version 8.8. Every new version introduces new bug fixes, as well as new functionalities and modules available in Drupal core. The Drupal development team aims for adding new functions to expand its usability and capabilities. By choosing Drupal 8 you ensure getting new functions for your website an it’s completely free of charge!
7. Additional modules. There are thousands of them and you can download them for free at https://www.drupal.org/. The most interesting and noteworthy modules are:
Metatag, Paragraph, Google analytics, Webform, SitemapXML, SMTP, Recaptcha, Search API
Drupal 8 has something for everyone who supports online content and digital experience at your organization: business decision makers, site administrators, digital marketers, content managers, web developers, technical architects, and IT pros.
Have a project in mind? Contact us today for a free consultation and quotation.